2 stk butter
1 1/4 c sugar
1 1/2 c self rising flour
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c milk
FOR THE CHOCOLATE LAYER
1 c sugar
6 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 c boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a 9x13 glass baking dish, melt the two sticks of butter in the oven.
2. Meanwhile in a bowl, mix together the 1 1/4 cups of sugar, flour, vanilla and milk. Once the butter is melted pour the batter over the butter, but do not stir.
3. In a separate bowl mix the cocoa and remaining sugar together and sprinkle on top of batter. Do not stir.
4. Pour the 2 cups of boiling water on top of that (don't stir) and bake for 30-45 minutes. I bake mine until I have a nice golden brown crust. In my oven this usually take about 35 minutes. Serve warm. Great with ice cream
5. NOTE: to substitute self rising flour use 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
click here for a printer frendly version of this page.