Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup soft butter, 2 sticks
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 12-oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. With your fingers, place golf ball-sized dough portions 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookies sheet.
7. Bake for 9-10 minutes or just until edges are light brown. Do not over cook. The cookies will not look done but take them out of the oven.
click here for a printer frendly version of this page.