Overnight Whole Wheat Waffles
1/2 cup warm water
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
2 cups of milk
1/3 cup melted butter
2 large eggs or 3 small ones
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup white flour
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast, warm water, and sugar. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes and until puffed.
2. Add the milk, melted butter that has cooled a wee bit, the eggs and tablespoon sugar and the salt.
3. Using a mixer, combine on medium speed until smooth.
4. Add the flour and mix slowly until combined.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or let stand on the counter several hours.
Bake the waffles in a hot waffle iron until the steam stops. . .then you can peek.
click here for a printer frendly version of this page.