Melt in Your Mouth Mexican Meat Dish
4 lb chuck roast
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp oil
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp chili powder
1 1/4 cup diced green chili peppers
3/4 cup hot pepper sauce
1. Season roast with salt and pepper. Sear on all sides in oil in skillet. Place in slow cooker.
2. Mix together remaining ingredients, except water, and spoon over meat. Pour in water down along side of the cooker (so as not to wash off the topping) until roast is one third covered.
3. Cover. Cook on high 6 hours. Reduce to low 2-4 hours untl meat falls apart.
4. Thicken sauce with flour it you like.
5. This highly seasoned meat is perfect for shredded Maxican tacos, burritos and such.
Note: When I made this I used chuck steak. I didn't sear it first. Just put it in the crock and salted and peppered the steak. I also cooked it on low for about ten hours. It came out moist and tender and great!
click here for a printer frendly version of this page.