2 pounds shrimp, the larger the better
1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
2 tablespoons fine fresh breadcrumbs
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
1. Preheat the broiler to high.
2. Split the shrimp down the backside. Rinse and pat dry.
Or peel them but leave the last tail segment intact. Rinse and drain well.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the shrimp and
toss to coat evenly and well.
4. Line a baking dish with foil and arrage the shrimp over it.
5. Place the shrimp under the broiler
about three to four inches from the source of heat.
Broil 5 to 6 minutes. It is not necessary to turn the shrimp as they cook.
Baste the shrimp and serve hot with curries sweet peppers and rice.
click here for a printer frendly version of this page.