* 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 (9 inch) pastry shell, baked
* 20 caramels, unwrapped
* 1/3 cup whipping cream
* 1 ½ cups lightly salted peanuts
* 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 cup whipping cream
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* Extra peanuts, whipped cream, melted chocolate, etc
1. To prepare the crust layer: In a microwave safe bowl, place the 2 ounces chocolate and 1 TB butter and cook in 30 second intervals, stirring as needed, until melted and smooth. Spread into the bottom of the baked crust. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
2. To prepare the Peanut Layer: In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, place caramels and the whipping cream, cooking in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring as needed to incorporate the caramels into the cream. Add the peanuts and stir to combine. Spoon over the chocolate layer and spread with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Return to refrigerator.
3. To make Chocolate Layer: In a small microwave safe bowl, place chocolate and butter and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring as needed, until chocolate in smooth and melted. Allow to cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat whipping cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Gently stir in the melted chocolate, and mix until the chocolate is completely incorporated into the whipped cream. Spread over the peanut layer and refrigerate until set (about 2 hour). Slice into pieces and garnish as desired before serving.